Master & Dynamic has partnered with Sir David Adjaye to design a bold and immersive new speaker that draws upon distinctive premium materials and sensory-focused craftsmanship for which both partners are known.
Our MA770, a CES Innovation Awards honoree, redefines the sound experience. Designed with Sir David Adjaye, the WiFi or Bluetooth-connected speaker is made of an acoustically superior proprietary concrete composite. Audio componentry incorporates efficient dual 4″ woven long-throw woofers and a 1.5″ titanium tweeter which are tuned to provide a rich, detailed and expansive sound that perfectly fills the home, office or studio. A magnetically attached stainless steel grille is removable for those that prefer the look of the exposed components and hand-finished concrete.
Sir David Adjaye is recognized as a leading architect of his generation. Named among TIME Magazine’s 100 most influential people in 2017, his influences range from contemporary art, music and science to Africa art forms and the civic life of cities. His recent project, the National Museum of African American History and Culture, opened on the National Mall in Washington D.C in 2016 and was named “Cultural Event of the Year” by the NY Times and “Best Architecture of 2016” by the WSJ. Adjaye is the designer of the new home for the Studio Museum of Harlem and recently was chosen to co-design the UK Holocaust Memorial.
“This speaker is not about the traditional idea of making boxes, but about a directional form. I became fascinated with the idea of using triangles to break down the mass of the box and to see if we could dissolve the sense of volume through sculptural detail. We created a new geometry for this speaker. A new geometry of sound.” Sir David Adjaye.
• Proprietary, Concrete Composite, Provides superior acoustic performance
• Dual 4″, Woven, Long-throw woofers
• Chromecast Wifi Streaming, Built-in, And Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity
• Diamond-Cut, Anodized aluminium, Control Panel
• Advanced Engineering, Bass Port, Low-frequency extension without distortion
• Laser Etched, David Adjaye x Master & Dynamic, Anodized aluminium plaque
• Inputs, Auxiliary Analog & Optical, for turnable, TV or other sources