Naim Audio, the British hi-fi specialist with 46 years of audio expertise, has introduced the latest member of its award-winning Mu-so wireless music system family: Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation. Extensive software and hardware upgrades deliver a significant performance boost over the original Mu-so Qb (launched in 2016), while the design evolves to match the Mu-so 2nd Generation styling.
Just like the acclaimed Mu-so 2nd Generation introduced back in May, the new Mu-so Qb features Naim’s unique music-streaming platform, developed by 25 engineers over 3 years to offer the very best performance whether playing your own digital music collection, a world of Internet radio, or music streaming services such as TIDAL and Spotify. This acclaimed innovation is only found in Naim music-streaming products, including its Uniti range and dedicated network players, all the way up to the £20,000 flagship ND 555.
Mu-so Qb gains the new 2nd Generation illuminated volume dial, complete with a full control array and a proximity sensor: it lights up in welcome as your hand approaches it. Easily access key playback controls your favourite playlists and radio stations, Spotify resume, multiroom functionality and more from this tactile new interface. Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation can also be controlled via the updated Naim app and – by popular customer demand – a new remote control handset.
Available in the same burnished grey aluminium chassis and with the same upgraded speaker grille design as its Mu-so big brother, Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation is the perfect visual as well as sonic match. It can also be customised with optional replacement grilles in the same Olive, Terracotta or Peacock colourways.
Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation’s compact dimensions pack in 300 Watts of music power, served up to all-new speaker drivers – optimized in conjunction with Focal, the acoustic specialist celebrating its 40th anniversary, and Naim’s VerVent Audio associate. Like the bigger Mu-so 2nd Generation, the Qb now has an upgraded ‘brain’, too: a DSP with more than 10 times extra processing power for even greater musical accuracy.
Stream your music in high-resolution quality (Qb can handle files up to 32bit/384kHz) via UPnPTM, or browse millions of songs through AirPlay 2 (including Apple Music), Spotify® Connect, TIDAL, Chromecast built-in and Internet radio. Upgraded Wi-Fi connectivity promises a slicker streaming experience, while Ethernet remains an option if you prefer things hard-wired. You can also connect devices wirelessly via Bluetooth®. Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation’s USB input, meanwhile, supports music playback from USB drives, while its optical input means you can easily connect your TV and experience enhanced sound quality from your favourite television programs, films and games.
3 WAYS TO MULTIROOM
Powerful enough to fill most rooms, Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation’s relatively compact size also makes it a superb option for spaces such as kitchens and bedrooms, where it may be harder to accommodate the bigger Mu-so system. A few simple taps of the Naim app and it can easily join a multiroom set up with its larger sibling – or other Naim networked products, including 1st Generation Mu-so and Mu-so Qb. For convenience, you can also multiroom Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation with other AirPlay 2-compatible wireless speakers via the Apple Home app; or with other Chromecast devices via groups controlled by the Google Home app.
Available for iOS and Android devices, the updated Naim app allows you to browse by artist, genre, album and more, complete with artwork and extended music information. You can also control volume, light settings, room modes and create playlists. As a further option, Mu-so Qb 2nd Generation is Roon Ready, too.
Muso Qb2 210mm x 218 mm x 212 mm
• Burnished and anodised aluminium casework, CNC milled, bead blasted and anodised aluminium heatsinks, Dual-tone grey and black fabric grille.
• Grille colour options in Olive, Peacock and Terracotta
• Streaming: Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast Built-in, UPnPTM, Spotify® Connect, TIDAL, Roon Ready, Bluetooth, Internet Radio
• Analogue Input:3.5mm Jack
• USB: USB 2 (Type A connector)
• Multiroom: Sync up to five Naim Streaming products and control via the Naim App.
• Network: Ethernet (10/100Mbps), Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n/ac), BLE v4.2
• Internet Radio Formats: Windows Media-formatted content, MP3, ACC, Ogg Vorbis streams and MMS
• Internet Radio Provider:vTuner Premium 5*
• WAV, FLAC and AIFF – up to 24bit/384kHz
• ALAC (Apple Lossless) – up to 24bit/384kHz
• MP3 – up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16 bit)
• AAC – up to 48kHz, 320kbit (16bit)
• OGG and WMA – up to 48kHz (16bit)
• DSD- 64 and 128Fs
• Bluetooth – SBC, AAC
Note: Gapless playback supported on all formats
• Amplifier Output: 300W – (4 x 50W, 1 x 100W)
• Mains Supply: 100V, 115V or 230V, 50/60Hz
• Power Consumption: Typical use: 15W, Standby mode: < 2W, Deep sleep (No-network standby mode): < 0.5W
• Speaker System: Stereo 3-way; dsp-optimised dual auxiliary bass radiator acoustic system
• Supplied with: Dual-tone grey and a black grille, remote control, mains cables (market dependent), reset pin-hole tool and information booklets.
• Handheld: Remote handset included and optional control app for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch and Android devices
• Product: Touch control user interface with rotary volume control
• Remote Control: Infra-red (RC5)
• 2 years