A value packed, native 4K projector…made in Japan.
WHAT HI-FI? writes:
“The Sony VPL-VW270ES is a ‘true’ 4K projector, using 4K-resolution chips as opposed to ‘faux-4K’ methods of pixel-shifting and enhancement technology. It’s also the most affordable projector in the brand’s long and successful native-4K line.”
Sony dominates the native 4K projector market…and the 270ES contributes heavily to that pre-eminence! The attractive price-point combines with a suite of features drawn from Sony’s illustrious, professional products to deliver an unrivalled performance…and value. True 4K (4096 x 2160) SXRD panels produce four times the resolution of Full-HD. Whether viewing LIVE TV, movies, streaming Netflix, sports or gaming, the image is consistently detailed and natural.
The Dedicated Cinema Room
The 270ES is best installed in a dedicated cinema or media room. At 1500 lumens light output, the projector is engineered towards appropriate spaces with little exposure to ambient light. In this situation, you are assured to experience the full extent of your investment in quality viewing, particularly around deep blacks and vibrant colours. A forward-firing fan system allows the 270 to be neatly “boxed” or recessed into a back-of-room bulkhead to maximize throw and image size. Our experienced home cinema designers can advise on all aspects of projector selection and installation.
Cutting Edge Display Technologies
The native 4K, 270ES boasts an impressive suite of technologies to maximize performance. The latest SXRD, 4K panels deliver outstanding, detail and texture…particularly apparent in “difficult-to-reproduce” dark scenes and shadows. Sony’s “triluminous” approach to colour is immediately evident. The colour capability is at once dynamic and accurate. Generating significantly more tones and textures than comparable projectors, the 270’s prowess is found in vivid landscapes and natural skin tones.
Benchmark Video Processing
From camera lens to projector lens..Sony is involved in all aspects of vision. And that expertise flows into video processing that clearly leads the market. The 270ES analyses images down to the individual pixel level. It employs specific algorithms drawn from the production arm to guarantee “sharpness” without introducing unwanted “noise”. It also upscales existing Full HD Blu-ray Disc™ and DVD movies to near 4K quality. Today’s High Dynamic Range content can be problematic for many manufacturers. Again, Sony’s professional heritage looms large in the performance of its 4K projectors! The 270ES is compatible with both HDR10 and HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma) formats reproducing colour and contrast as the director intended. 4K “motionflow” processing introduces frames to reduce “blur”…particularly important for fast-paced sports viewing. And in “True Theatre” mode the 270ES retains original, 24 frames per second playback. And the growth in 4K, HDR content at 60P is acknowledged with full 18 Gbps HDMI capability. Finally, the 270ES comes pre-calibrated and includes 9 useful picture modes.
• LCD, native 4K UHD projector.
• 3 SXRD panels deliver accurate colours and deep blacks.
• 1500 lumens brightness.
• Motion-flow, anti-blur technology.
• Motorized, horizontal and vertical lens shift.
• Available in both black and white finish.
• “Real” 4K.
• The show-piece of our mid-priced cinema rooms.
• 496mm W x 205mm H x 464mm D
• Weight 14kg
• Gloss black
• Gloss white
IN THE BOX:
• VPL-HW270ES projector
• Infra-red remote control
• RM-PJ28 Remote Commander
• Lens Cap
• Operating Instructions (CD-ROM)
• Quick Reference Manual
• AUS 240 V power cable
• Native 4K, UHD LCD projector
• 4K, anamorphic lens support
• Resolution: 4096 x 2160 pixels on each of the 3 SXRD panels
• 3D capable (requires optional Sony 3D glasses)
• Image size from 60″ to 300″ diagonal
• 200hz panel with motion flow blur reduction
• 1500 lumens light output
• Motorized lens adjustment x2.06 zoom, horizontal and vertical shift
• 225 watt UHP lamp offers up to 6,000 hours run-time in ECO mode
• Backlit, infra-red remote control
• None, requires external viewing sources
• HDMI 1080P UHD (2)
• PC (1)
• RS-232 (1)
• Minijack DC 12 V trigger (1)
• LAN RJ45 10Base-T/100BASE-TX (1)
• Mini Jack infra-red control input (1)
• USB: DC 5V (1)
• Infra-red remote control
• Range of 3rd party ceiling-mount brackets
• Sony 3D glasses
• 3 years on projector back to base (Sony Master Series Dealer extended warranty)
• 90 days on lamp